The Kitchen Manager is responsible for daily kitchen operations and is in charge of coordinating and supervising the kitchen staff according to food safety standards. Duties include training, scheduling, quality control, maintaining a high level of execution in a fast-paced environment as well as food purchasing and product inventory. A top candidate for this position has strong leadership, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Managing inventory so that all necessary ingredients are stocked for service
- Manages prep par levels for a prep heavy menu
- Hiring new staff and providing training to facilitate quick acclimation
- Streamlining the kitchen processes to maintain prompt service times
- Setting regular cleaning standards for the kitchen and verifying that staff is maintaining sanitation levels
- Creating schedules for all kitchen staff
- Tracking kitchen finances to identify areas of potential waste
- Understands Profit & Loss and effective cost control
- 2+ years management experience in a fast-paced kitchen
- Must be able to communicate, read, write, and speak English effectively. Bi-lingual skills a plus.
- State/Local Law requirements of alcohol and food manager certifications; upholds staff compliance.
- Full managerial knowledge of kitchen, equipment and food service in an upscale environment.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload, handling various job responsibilities at once.
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills a must.
- Successful management and leadership approach with strong mentoring background.
- Computer literacy specifically in MS Office applications.
- High energy, tenacity and contagious positive attitude.
Venue Operations Manager
- Pending operations and schedules, normal scheduled workdays are Wednesday-Sunday
- Work hours can vary; 40-50 hours/week. Non-Event days 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Two Weeks paid vacation
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- HSA Company Contribution
- 401K Plan